Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light. ~Dylan Thomas

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mizuno Infinity Run 2010



It was on the Mizuno Infinity run 2010 last April 11, 2010 at The Fort that I ran my first ever 15km race. Coming from trail experiences with Mt. Batulao and Mt. Maculot within the past 2 weeks before the race, I thought of running on a race pace this time. My goal was to run at sub-1:15:00 hours. Initially though, my plan was to keep pace with Allen as he would try to beat his 1:26:00 hours finish last year for the same distance.

I usually wear my Tribal® bandana on my race pace, other than that, I would be on an easy pace mode. As soon as the race started, I ran quickly to get ahead of the pack pacing along with Beep Beep. I thought that keeping my pace within Beep Beep’s pace would give me a good finish time at this race as I had done lately in my previous races. Surprisingly enough, I found myself pacing with another runner. It was on the SBC Kaizen Wellnes Run 2010 (12k) in Calamba and Unilab Run for Wellness 2010 (21k) that I saw him ran with me in the same category. He was a Japanese runner whom I think was working for a semiconductor company somewhere in Laguna.

I just felt my legs were stronger on the race day that I was able to keep pace with Mr. Japanese runner up to the 11th or 12th km of the race. However, as we go back to The Fort from the Kalayaan flyover, it seemed that he had increased his pace that I could not catch up anymore. This led me to chasing a Japanese runner as my goal for the race. I felt much stronger running as fellow takbo.ph members greeted me along the route. For a satisfying finish time of 1:05:58 hours, I thought the day was over and it was time to freshen up for a race well done.

An sms message from Tin told me that I was given an award. It was Bryan Rivera who informed her about it. (Thanks Tin, Thanks Bryan) So, Allen and I had to go to the awarding ceremony to confirm the award. Surprisingly, I took the Age Category (19-29) in the 15k and I am now a Champion.

 Thanks to Timmy (kenkoyrunner) for the award… hehe!


It was another big day for takbo.ph peeps because 3 bloggers (kenkoyrunner, runningninja and planet_trumania) took awards for the best blogs in different categories. Also, Carly took an award for the most improved time. 
Congratulations to all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrs!

 (Right to Left) Allen, Bryan, Timmy, Joseph, Sam, and Carly


Now I know how it feels like to be a champion runner, it has motivated me to run more and train more.
I hope to beat my time next year.

 The lucky BIB.


















No comments: