Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light. ~Dylan Thomas

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

running easy at the Earth Day Run


'Twas another busy running weekend for the jairunner for a back-to-back running event. After a 15km trail run at Wawa Dam in Montalban, Rizal, was a 21km run at The Fort for the Earth Day Run. 

The plan.
Less than a week before the biggest challenge for my running adventures, shouldn't be a taper week for me? This race would be one of those that I had to take it easy. I'll be running with a buddy at her pace. So it was Maan and jairunner's running at Maan's pace. It was on the TBR Dream Marathon training program by Coach Jim Lafferty that a long run for 2:40:00 hours should be done.

Ambo and I arrived early at the venue (The Fort) looking for our pace buddies for the day. I was able to find my buddy before the race started but Ambo didn't. 


 takbo.ph peeps


The race started and we found ourselves running in-pace with takbo.ph peeps on their galloway form for the first 3-5 kilometers of the 21km. It was actually a debut 21km race for my pace buddy for the day so we were stopping once in a while to take some breather and to hydrate at most of the water stations. Then, Ambo's pace buddies (JJ and Angel) came chasing us and eventually found Ambo on the race.

The route was the typical route for 21kms around Bonifacio Global City as I had raced a few 21kms in the past. However, it was the first time for my pace buddy to reach Bayani Road and Heritage Memorial Park on a race. I did enjoy the view inside the memorial park which I don't usually do during my race pace. 

I was happy to see the ultimate barefoot road race runner again on this race.

 barefoot, yeah!



My buddy and I finished the 21km race in 2:41:xx hours and it was an accomplishment on my part that she finished the race on her desired time without an injury.

Congratulations to all runners who participated in the Earth Day Run 2010 at The Fort....
Congrats to the organizers of this running event...


 takbo.ph peeps (courtesy of Carlo Serrano)


rock on!!













1 comment:

Ben said...

It is excellent when you enjoy fitness and healthy lifestyle! Healthy nutrition is also vital to provide you enough fuel for active recreation. I've discovered a good resource (militarygradenutritionals.com/blog) which contains plenty of useful information on healthy nutrition, diet and training plans for everyone who wants to stay fit.