Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light. ~Dylan Thomas

Monday, April 19, 2010

Summer Weekend 2010 in La Union


 It was on a Friday morning, April 2 (the day after our day hike to Mt. Batulao in Batangas) that I was able to travel to my hometown. The weekend vacation won’t be as long as I wanted to be since I need to get back to Manila before office resumes on Monday. However, it’s good to know that I’m going to be reunited with my mom and sisters again. It has been a boring Holy Week (for Catholic believers) that I had last year because it was spent on the hospital for my tonsillectomy. Yeah right, I lost my tonsils and it’s probably one of the reasons why I took more effort in doing sports / physical activities like running, badminton, table tennis and basketball rather than being a couch potato.

So, I rushed to the Partas bus terminal in Pasay, Friday morning to get a ride. It was indeed a blessing that a bus was about to leave for Candon, Ilocos Sur so I jumped into it quickly. At 10am, the bus left the terminal. To my surprise, it took only 5 minutes to reach Cubao and 15 minutes to Munoz, QC. EDSA was free from traffic on a Holy Friday.  

Stop over at Sison, Pangasinan




                      Inside the bus

Soon after 5 hours of travel, we have reached the boundary between La Union and Pangasinan. It is the Sison Bridge that connects La Union and the rest of Ilocos provinces to Pangasinan going to Manila. The bridge is currently under repair because a span of it broke during the rage of typhoon Ondoy sometime last year.

            


 Sison Bridge under construction

It took me 7 hours to reach my hometown in Bacnotan, La Union where I was happily greeted by my mom.
Now, I only have 2 days left to spend in La Union during the long weekend for Holy Week.

It was on the Black Saturday that my sisters and I decided to go to the beach. I had another thing in mind and that is to do a long run along the beach and trails under the scorching heat of the sun. 15km was the farthest I’ve ever ran in La Union for 1.5 hours then I went back to the beach where my sisters were waiting for me.
           
            
jairunner.             
                                                                                               

 Waiting for sunset…


We stayed at the beach as we watch the sunset roll over the horizon of South China Sea.
Then at night, we went to the Summer Chill 3 party in Urbiztondo beach, San Juan, La Union. Reggae was the music of the night

            
Summer Chill 3 entrance.                  
                                                                  

Reggae Mistress on stage.

While reggae music was played on one side, San Miguel foam party was on the other end.
Luckily enough, I got my Lumix LX3 to capture some shots of the SMB models as they go wet n’ wild.

Parental Guidance is recommended.


If you’re into opm music in the 90’s, I’m sure you’ve heard of their music top the charts across all FM stations.
I’m grateful to have met Markus Adoro of the ERASERHEADS in the party. He’s been in La Union for quite sometime and he’s enjoyed surfing the waves in San Juan.

                         
 Markus Highway – Jai       

            Markus and my sistahs (Pharah – Erika)


Looking forward to another beach party in La Union this year….






No comments: